[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Distributed queue, HA-JMS/singleton basic questions

kapucin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 10:08:39 EST 2007

Hello
Could someone, please, explain what's the advantage of using HA-singleton vs Distributed queue (DQ)?
Is HA-singleton simply the old way for providing the fail-over functionality, and should not be used as DQ is better?
Is the difference only in JMS implementation (JBM vs JBossMQ)?
Can JBM be configured for ha-singleton, although it seems to defeat the purpose of DQ?
How does the performance compare of distributed queue vs HA-JMS?

I didn't seem to find the answers in the documentation, or might have missed simple facts, so I'd appreciate if you point me in the right direction or answer my questions.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104161#4104161

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104161