[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Message stranded in cluster

chip_schoch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 14:27:31 EST 2007

JBoss As 4.2.1, JBM 1.4.0.CR2.

I have a two node cluster with distributed a queue.  Each node is running a service that is a consumer of the queue.   I have client applications that connect to the clustered queue and post messages.  The messages appear to be distributed between the [partial] queues on each node, however only the messages on one of the nodes are getting consumed.  From my logging I can see that the messages that are getting consumed are being consumed by the services running on both nodes.  Listing messages from jmx-console shows a bunch of unconsumed messages sitting in the queue on one of the nodes.

Is there some configuration that turns on the balancing between nodes.  Shouldn't they all be getting consumed?  My consumer service uses the following to connect to the queue.

  <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104288#4104288

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104288