[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Nested repeats bug

msznapka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 18:00:29 EST 2007

Hello.

I think that I found bug in nested repeats. I have following code:

  | <h:commandLink action="#{repeatConversation.deleteItems}" value="commandLink"/><br/>
  | <s:link action="#{repeatConversation.deleteItems}" value="sLink"/><br/>
  | <ui:repeat value="#{repeatConversation.shoppingList.categories}" var="category">
  |   <ui:repeat value="#{category.items}" var="item">
  |     <h:inputText value="#{item.name}"/><br/>
  |   </ui:repeat>
  | </ui:repeat>
  |

  | public String deleteItems() {
  |   Iterator<ItemCategory> iteratorCategories = shoppingList.getCategories().iterator();
  |   while(iteratorCategories.hasNext()) {
  |     Iterator<Item> iteratorItems = iteratorCategories.next().getItems().iterator();
  |     while(iteratorItems.hasNext()) {
  |       Item item = iteratorItems.next();
  |       if(item.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("thirdItem"))
  |         iteratorItems.remove();
  |     }
  |   }
  |   return null;
  | }

So the code is simple, I am repeating through nested collections, rendering some string as a value of a input field and there are two links with the same functionality: delete third item. If you press h:commandLink, than the third item is deleted on the server correctly, but on the client it is rendered incorrectly. S:link renders all inputs correctly. Here is picture how it works:

Example

Delete directory jboss-seam-2.0.0.GA/examples/numberguess and copy directory from the example, build, deploy on jboss-4.2.1.GA and run http://localhost:8080/seam-numberguess in browser.

If this is not bug, please let me know how to solve it with h:commandLink, my app is waiting for solution ;)

Thx
msznapka

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104341#4104341

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104341