[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: FIFO Ordering also if Rollback (Retry)?

mclu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 04:22:02 EST 2007

Thx Tim!

I saw the Jira entry
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2444
about the ordering issu and a Link to Messaging.

But anyway.
Does your explanaition mean that after a NACK/Transaction Rollback of my single JBM Consumer the Message is put back to the queue and is retried after the set time?
Example:
Lets assume message A, B and C in the Queue. All with same prio and a single consumer. Retry Interval is set to 20 seconds.

Needed behaviour
consume A (ok)
consume B (NOK/Transaction roll back)
consume B again after 20 sec (NOK/Transaction roll back)
consume B again after 20 sec (Now processing is OK- Commit)
consume C

The behaviour with my singleton MDB is currently:
consume A (ok)
consume B (NOK/Transaction roll back)
consume C
consume B again after 20 sec (NOK/Transaction roll back)
consume B again after 20 sec (Now processing is OK- Commit)

Greets
Markus

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104422#4104422

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104422