[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Distributed queue, HA-JMS/singleton basic questions

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 07:39:07 EST 2007

"kapucin" wrote :
  | One question on fault-tolerange to message loss. Do the messages get replicated across the cluster (using post-office pulling or post-office routing?), so in case a node fails, they are not lost OR are they stored in a database until acknowledged?

Persistent messages are pulled. Non persistent are routed

anonymous wrote :
  | If it's the database, then I can assume that not persisted messages are lost in case of node failure.

Only persistent messages are guaranteed to survive failure. JMS non persistent messages were created to be transient messages that you should only use if you can cope with message loss.

anonymous wrote :
  | If it's replication, how does it affect the performance in term of network traffic/resource usage? Are all the messages forwarded/pulled by all the members or only those unread for a # of milliseconds and only a limited number of nodes?

Can you be more specific in your question? Seems like there's twenty questions there rolled into one question-ball ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104527#4104527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104527