[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: High-level information concerning the flow of a portal r

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 12:16:09 EST 2007

"tulumvinh" wrote :
  | I am not interested in the gory details of the PortalServlet, I am more interested in the information at a higher level.  For example, I am interested in the flow of a request when I click on the "login" link.
  | The high-level overview will help me understand how to best customized the portal.

I'm afraid that the details of what happens is mostly gory details... :)

http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6.2/referenceGuide/html/urls.html

The reference guide (http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6.2/referenceGuide/html/) might contain the information that you need. Without context of what you're trying to achieve, it's difficult to answer your query. Plus, an explanation of Portal internals are outside of the scope of this forum. One could make a point that such an overview should be more prominent in the documentation and, if you feel strongly about it, please open a JIRA task for it. Ultimately, though, the source is the best documentation for the internal behavior of Portal. If you need more help figuring things out, you might want to consider buying consulting and/or support from us...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104703#4104703

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104703