[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Changes applied only to Custom Datatype in a entity not save

rnallakukkala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 19:49:34 EST 2007

I'm using Seam 2.0.0.GA
I have an entity which has a custom data type

  | @Entity
  | @Table(name = "CST_Customer")
  | public class Customer extends AbstractRevisionableEntity {
  |

  | 	private Password password;
  |
  | 	@org.hibernate.annotations.Type(type = "password")
  | 	@Column(name = "password",updatable = true)
  | 	public Password getPassword() {
  | 		return password;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setPassword(Password plaintext) {
  | 		this.password = plaintext;
  | 	}
  |
  | }

Using entity home for data persistance, following is my xhtml file usage,

  | 		<s:decorate id="passwordDecorate" template="#{contextTheme.editField_decorator}">
  | 			<ui:define name="label">Password</ui:define><br/>
  | 			<h:inputText value="#{customer.password}" required="true"  converter="passwordConverter">
  | 				<a4j:support event="onblur"  reRender="passwordDecorate" bypassUpdates="true"/>
  | 			</h:inputText>
  | 		</s:decorate>

The problem is, if I make change only to the password field and do a submit, changes are not reflected on the database (there is no error on the console & the entity do has the modified value in the entityHome's persist method).

when tried to update password field in conjunction with a non custom data type field, I could see both modified values are reflected in the database.

any suggestion, what's that I'm missing? can custom data type alone can cause the problem?

Cheers
Ravi

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104813#4104813

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104813