[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Can JBoss/Tomcat use specific alias from keystore (keyalias)

krishnakumars do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 22:41:44 EST 2007

Hello,
We use JBossSX's support for PBESecurityDomain in our Tomcat Connector. Our Connector element looks like this:

Our Keystore has multiple aliases in it. By default Tomcat uses the first keystore alias it finds.

I need to change this behavior so Tomcat uses a specific alias.

Tomcat standalone supports an attribute of keyAlias in the Connector element. I changed above to look like :

However, JBoss doesn't seem to pick up the keyAlias attribute. Tomcat 5.5 does, when run standalone. [1]

What am I doing wrong? Does JBoss recognize and honor the keyAlias attribute?

This is with JBoss 4.0.4.GA, RHEL4. IBM JDK 1.5

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104828#4104828

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104828