[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Dynamic widgets?

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 14:47:40 EST 2007

What is the best way to deal with dynamic ajax creation of new widgets?

I have a page where I need to track, say, lender benefits.  One lender might offer 0.5% interest rate reduction after 12 on-time payments, another might offer 0.3% after the first 12 payments, and another 0.5% after 24.  Ideally the lender could click a "+" button to add as many of that type of benefit as they like.

I know how to do this in normal DHTML.  In the old days I'd use javascript to dynamically generate the widget to display and a unique name on the form, and then process the request parameters on the server side, parsing the parameter names for the benefit type.

But how do I do this in Seam?  Any good tutorials out there that go beyond the basic one-to-one widget-datafield examples?

TIA, Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105196#4105196

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105196