[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Difference between session timeout and not logged in yet

xshuang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 15:07:42 EST 2007

Good afternoon Jacob,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I followed your suggestion but still have a problem. That is, I cannot add a message to be displayed on the logon page.

In my components.xml,

In my AuthenticatorAction, I have
public void sessionExpired() {
        FacesMessages.instance().add("Your session is expired, please login again");
    }

I got an warning and the message is not displayed. I also tried to inject facesMessages
    @In(create=true)
    FacesMessages facesMessages;
Then use
facesMessages.add("Your session is expired, please login again");
Then I got another warning saying facesMessages cannot be null. I checked the forum and one user says facesMessages is not available at the RESTORE_VIEW phase.

Could you give me more information regarding how to make this work or there is a possible workaround? Thank you very much for your help.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Sheng

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105202#4105202