[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Difference between session timeout and not logged in yet

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 15:55:34 EST 2007

"xshuang" wrote : Then I got another warning saying facesMessages cannot be null. I checked the forum and one user says facesMessages is not available at the RESTORE_VIEW phase.

Yes, you can maintain a list of custom messages in an appropriately scoped component.  Observe the event as you are and add the session expired message to your message component.

Then prior to rendering the login page, invoke your messages component to add the messages to FacesMessages (which you can do by specifying an action in pages.xml).  FacesMessages will be available in the context at that time.  This serves as a workaround which I have used on several occasions for messages that are initiated prior to the RESTORE_VIEW.

Also, if anyone else has a better way to initiate messages prior to RESTORE_VIEW I would certainly like to hear it :)  Hope that helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105216#4105216

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105216