[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - JMX info for garbage collection pause times?

dbtanner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 17:17:18 EST 2007

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone knows of an MBean to get garbage collection pause times.  I've seen the CollectionTime MBean, which appears to return total garbage collection time since the app was started.  But what I really want is what's spit out in the verbose:gc logs, but available through JMX so I can write an alert if any Full GC collections go above a certain pause threshold.

The only alternative I can think of so far is to write a parse script that will scan the system log's GC, but that seems less-than-ideal.
3.998: [Full GC 3672K->3658K(140224K), 0.0413092 secs]

TIA,
Dan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105253#4105253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105253