[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB 3 Required to Override equals & hashCode

ddurst@mechdrives.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 18:49:36 EST 2007

Wow!
I am now only more confused than I was before.
This issue stems from a previous post that I made about my OneToMany
relationships only saving one child.

As I determined it was because my IDE (NetBeans) was created Override methods for equals() and hashCode().... So I asked this question.

Based on ALRubingers response I went ahead and removed these methods
from my POJOs and have experienced no adverse side affects in my application.

I have read http://www.hibernate.org/109.html

Which clarified very little for me besides that if I do override these methods I should use a "Business Key".  This idea for some entities tweaks my head a little bit, as I see no "Business Key" for a Entity such as a Order Line.

Can someone give me a example of a relationship like Order -> OrderLine
in which equals() and hashCode() are overried properly.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105278#4105278

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105278