[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Getter for LAZY property gets called on every commit

markus.doering do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 04:24:48 EST 2007

"waynebaylor" wrote : i just looked in Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 (page 106) and it says the fetch attribute of @Basic is just a hint and the persistence provider is allowed to eagerly load the property.

That's not realy nice, you should have the posibility to don't load an (maybe huge) byte[] if you don't need it in this transaction, but in another.

The single byte[] on my side is about 1.5MB, but after a while (some days, maybe earlier with heavy traffic)  i get an OOM an the HeapDump shows that the EntityManager holds a few hundred MB of byte[] (witout me using them).

What can i do about that?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105352#4105352

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105352