[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: ClientCallback Multiplex

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 08:22:01 EST 2007

Ok sorry, you're right :)

Yeah, the unique server id issue is a known one - as you know, it's been discussed on other threads.

If we could use a string, then it would be trivial - we could just generate a GUID and save back into the xml like you say.

(However I don't think hashCodes are a good idea, since hashCodes are not supposed to be unique!)

One thing we have to consider with JBM 1.x is that this value is used in the PK in the database for transactions, so this might have performance implications.

For JBM 2 this would be a non issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105464#4105464

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105464