[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Difference between session timeout and not logged in yet

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 12:15:54 EST 2007

Hmm... yes, I suppose that would be the case if you redirected directly to the login page after logout...  I have not had to cover that case.

The best option I can think of is putting a page in between that simply displays something like "You have successfully logged out" and then perform a meta redirect to the login page after a few seconds.  Very easy to setup with a navigation rule and actually pretty common on web-sites.  That should avoid your issue.

On another note, there is now an event "org.jboss.seam.loggedOut" but any information you set in the session of course would be lost once the session is invalidated by the logout.  I can't think of an way (without some really ugly hacks) that you could use this event to accomplish what you want to do.  See the following for more information on this event:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2063

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105586#4105586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105586