[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Dynamic widgets?

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 13:44:11 EST 2007

Thanks.

I have a related question:  is it possible to reference a Map of backing beans and lists?  I haven't see any example of this.  Using my example above, there is a master list of benefits, and each lender can have a varying subset of the master list.  To reference the specific benefit, I'd like to be able to use the database name, rather than concoct some property name.  It would also keep the Session Bean code tidier since the Map could be subclassed and self-initializing.

Eg, in the Session bean ("benefitManager"):

@In @Out
  | private BenefitMap benefitTypes;

In the page:

<h:outputLabel for="name">Percent</h:outputLabel>
  | <h:inputText value="#{benefitManager.benefitTypes.get('BENEFIT_TYPE_1').percent}"/>

If there are examples of this I can look at please let me know.

Thanks, Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105624#4105624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105624