[jboss-user] [JBoss OSGi] - Re: OSGi features

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 13:51:35 EST 2007

I've got nothing more to add, Sacha couldn't explain it better. :-)

But let me just give a quick comment on our current work.

There are three things we are looking into:
a) Classloading
 - we've refactored the whole classloading layer in order to make OSGi just one of the policies
 - it's the classloader dependencies resolution that is still missing, which is also the trickiest part :-)
b) OSGi core API
 - I've started with this, but due to other MC/AS5 issues, this is on holdup
 - this is the easiest part of the work, and a nice way to get started with MC project - all the pieces are there, just need to put it in proper place :-)
c) OBR (OSGi bundle repository)
 - this is a part that is optional, but would ease the user development a lot
 - we're looking how to proper plugin this piece in our existing AS5 ProfileService work
 - the work that's already been done by Richard Hall (Felix lead) should be taken into account

As Sacha already said, we're always happy to see some helping hands.
And I can guarantee that integrating OSGi with MC is/will be a lot of fun. ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105630#4105630

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105630