[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Can BPEL get asynchronous response from invocations?

paoletto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 17 08:34:36 EST 2007

I'm new to BPEL and BPM world. I leart it through "SOA for the business developer book".

Now i have this doubt:
I have several servers which run J2EE applications.
Each one has also a BatchSubsystem which expose a web services interface which allow to schedule a new process for that application. I dont just have JMS queues because i have some requirements i cant fit with just a JMS queue.

Now, if i want to use a BPM to orchestrate business process among my applications, can i do something like

for each application i want to insert "process X" in do concurrently
invoke(insert process X)
receive(feedback from application i about process X)

?
That means, can i invoke services asynchronously and then wait from THAT application a response about the service i invoked previously?

i was thinking to put a "sender" field in  the invokation message of the response so my BPEL process catch the right response in each receive()

Is this wrong? is there a better way to achieve this result?
thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105747#4105747

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105747