[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Running JBoss Messaging on JBoss AS 4.0.4 ?

minnkey73 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 19 00:03:08 EST 2007

Hi,
Could anyone please clarify the following.

In the JBoss Messaging homepage, it's stated the JBoss Messaging is designed to run on AS 4.2.2 or later.

Unfortunately, we have an old 4.0.4 AS, which we can't upgrade any time soon.

My question: can we run JBoss Messaging on our 4.0.4 AS (by replacing some jars, deployment descriptors, etc ? if so, how ? )
Or do we absolutely have to use the old JBoss MQ ?

I might be worth mentioning we *don't* have any old applications that would need JBoss MQ (no JMS, no MDB). So it's enough for us use JBoss Messaging *instead* of JBss MQ - we don't need to run them side-by-side.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105895#4105895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105895