[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: PDF - is there a way?

Kragoth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 19 18:05:00 EST 2007

OK,

I have tried everything at CONVERSATION scope but the PDF document will never be able to find the variable. I've tried the BEAN, and all the OUT variables on CONVERSATION but that does not seem to change the outcome.

As I stated in my original post the only way I get any data is if I outject to SESSION scope.

@thejavafreak
I can't see how changing the scope to EVENT would help as EVENT scope is even shorter then conversation, but I'll give it a go.

@norman.richards
The PDF works fine if I take out all reference to my outjected values.
And I believe you that the PDF is stored in the conversation as I see the conversation ID in the url to the pdf, but for some reason whatever the process is for generating the pdf the conversation variables are not available.  I'll keep playing around and stepping through the code..... problem is I'm not entirely sure where it all goes wrong so....it's taking me a long time to make progress.

I believe this is probably a good case for doing some more in depth examples of using the seam pdf functionality, as it is the itext example does not work out of the box if I run the ant targets I still can't run the app in tomcat so not sure what's going on there. It just hangs forever on the index page. I don't get any errors or anything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106195#4106195

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106195