[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: ejb3 binding

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 01:41:55 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : When i deploy it, my ejb are bind to "application/EjbName".

That's the default.

anonymous wrote : It is possible, remove the ear filename from the jndi, or change it?

Yes, its possible. You can specify any jndi name of your choice for the EJBs. You can either use annotations (for EJB3) or jboss.xml to do this. Here's an example using annotations:

@Stateless
  | @Remote ({UserManager.class})
  | @RemoteBinding (jndiBinding = "RemoteUserManagerBean")
  | public class UserManagerBean implements UserManager {
  | }

See the use of @RemoteBinding, above. With this annotation the UserManagerBean is now bound to "RemoteUserManagerBean" jndi name(you can specify any unique jndi name of your choice).

The other way to do this is adding an entry in the jboss.xml (as follows):

 <session>
  |          <ejb-name>UserManagerBean</ejb-name>
  |          <jndi-name>RemoteUserManagerBean</jndi-name>
  |
  |       </session>
For more details refer to the jboss.xml dtd.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106245#4106245

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106245