[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCache with Hibernate on Glassfish v2

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 04:55:48 EST 2007

Hi Eric

I presume what genman meant was that you'd need pretty much the same configuration as you would for Java SE as you would for Glassfish.  The only difference when using the setup in JBoss AS is that the AS provides additional stuff (such as an already-running cache) that you could use.

The Hibernate docs provide a lot of info on configuring the 2nd-level cache, as does this wiki page: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossCacheHibernate

In terms of a sample configuration, I suggest using the configurations in JBoss AS as a reference point:

http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbossas/branches/Branch_4_2/ejb3/src/resources/ejb3-entity-cache-service.xml?view=markup

And we have no problems helping people run JBoss Cache on Glassfish - we are app server agnostic and do help people run on WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.  :-)

Cheers,
Manik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106285#4106285

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106285