[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCache with Hibernate on Glassfish v2

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 06:57:15 EST 2007

"eric.hubert" wrote : What do you mean by an already-running cache? Do you only mean that JBoss Cache is preconfigured and ready to use in JBoss AS? That would be clear to me.

That, and JBoss AS ships with configurations for JBoss Cache that is tuned and configured.

"eric.hubert" wrote :
  | I already use this configuration inside JBoss. The problem is that I don't know which places I have to adjust to make it working in Glassfish. Could you please assist!

TBH, I've never used this in Glassfish so anything I say is purely theoretical.  :-)

In fact, we have wiki pages on running JBC on WebLogic and on WebSphere.  I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate your contributing your findings, tips and tricks for Glassfish as well.

The TreeCacheProvider hook looks up the JBoss Cache instance in JMX, bound under a specific name.  You may want to write your own hook - this is a pretty simple class, have a look a Hibernate docs - which will look up a JBC instance in JMX (or JNDI) and if it doesn't exist, create it from a cache cfg file (and probably bind to JMX/JNDI again).

Cheers,
Manik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106328#4106328

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106328