[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Multiple entities on page, and @Name conflict

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 09:11:12 EST 2007

I think I've discovered the *source* of my issues in these threads, but if there's a solution out there I'd appreciate knowing:

Problem with @Id and non-null entities:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=123799

Problem with accessing Map of entities:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=123799

Basically, it appears if you want to have entities whose name on the page differs from the @Name annotation, you're out of luck.  Even the @In(value="xxx") doesn't override this.  I can get my page from the first link above to work if I use the same name as in the LenderBenefit @Name annotation.  This pretty much precludes having multiple instances of the same entity type on a page.

However, I've been assured one CAN have multiple instances...so how is this done?  How do I override the @Name annotation, or do I drop it altogether?

Many thanks in advance!

Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106389#4106389