[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Multiple entities on page, and @Name conflict

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 12:43:32 EST 2007

It works!  (mad cackle)

Thanks to Andy Gibson, and also to IGx89 from second link I posted above.

I ended up revisiting IGx89s suggestion, and two things resolved the problem:

First, while I had a @Name annotation on the entity, I neglected to put one on the backing bean that contained the entity collections. (sheesh, I knew it had to be something stupid like that on my part)

Second, I had to use Session scope because the beans in Conversation scope are not available in the RESTORE VIEW phase (as per the Seam Problems FAQ).

I have to say though, it would be a lot more clear if one could simply override the context name, and define multiple instances of an entity on the action class, and have the action class variable name be respected.  Seam 3.0?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106497#4106497

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106497