[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - HASingleton-problem on >2 nodes

greeneagle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 21 07:25:39 EST 2007

Hi,
Up to now I've used 2 jboss-instances (4.0.5) where one special service has been configured as a hasingleton. I've never had any problem with it, everything worked fine.
But now my infrastructure has changed: I have 3 additional machines in the cluster but the mentioned special service should still run on one of two dedicated machines (due to load-balancing-purposes).

Let's say the different 'jbosses' on my machines are named A, B, C, D and E, machine A and B are the ones which are prepared to run the HASingleton-service

Now very strange behaviour occurs:
1.) The HASingleton-service will only be started if A or B are booted first. If e.g. 'C' is booted first and 'A' afterwards the HASingleton will not be started
2.) If I boot with sequence 'A-B-C' and stop 'A' afterwards 'B' will not start the HASingleton. But if I stop 'C' too, 'B' starts the HASingleton immediately - although 'C' is not configured for HASingleton.

Now my questions:
Did I misunderstood the concept of HASingleton? Is it necessary to configure each jboss in the cluster for HASingleton (means: deploy my Singleton-Service in 'deploy-hasingleton' on each machine)? In this case HASingleton would not fulfill my requirements and I have to find another solution
Or is just some additional configuration necessary to make this scenario working?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106712#4106712

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106712