[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: HASingleton-problem on >2 nodes

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 21 10:33:30 EST 2007

Put it in deploy, not deploy-hasingleton.  Only one server in the cluster will even look at the contents of deploy-hasingleton, and if that server isn't one of the ones you want your service will not get deployed.

The deploy-hasingleton dir allows you to deploy stuff like ears, wars, ejb jars etc as singletons.  With those types of things you can't directly specify an HASingletonController mbean to manage invoking a "startSingleton" and "stopSingleton" method on the deployment.  So instead we wrote a service that will do an ordinary deployment of the contents of deploy-hasingleton only on the master node.

You're deploying an mbean, which gives you flexibility to do it the way I described.  Put your sar in deploy on A and B.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106792#4106792

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106792