[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Dynamic Listener creation?

Lajcik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 22 05:53:15 EST 2007

Hello, im building a functionality where a person connects to the server, sends a request. the server then starts some business logic which produces jms messages for him. The user then connects to the sockect and receives that information through a stream from a message listener with a selector.

The socket part is implemented as fllows:
User ----[socket]----> Service Mbean ----[local]----> Stateless Session Bean ----[delegate]----> POJO -----[create]----> JMS Message Listener

My problem is - i cant find a satisfying way to dynamically create and destroy message listeners...

Tried creating message consumers with jmstemplate, but i get no messages :/

  |                 jmsTemplate.execute(new SessionCallback() {
  |                     public Object doInJms(Session session) throws JMSException {
  |                         MessageConsumer mc = session.createConsumer(
  |                                 incomingQueue, "id='" + id + "'"
  |                         );
  |                         mc.setMessageListener(node);
  |                         return null;
  |                     }

I tried both - keeping the message consumer and suspending a thread on wait() inside the session callback - to no avail. Im running out of ideas and hits in google :)

I chose this approach because this way the jms queue can manage the message lifetime and distribution for me, i only register listeners with an appropriate selector... Is this a good approach or should i message driven pojo and manage incoming messages (their distribution and lifetime) manually? (which seems tedious and error-prone)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107039#4107039

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107039