[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - JBossAS 4.2.2: Problem with JSTL Core

dobbo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 22 19:45:09 EST 2007

Install of JBoss from jboss-4.2.2.GA.zip on Linux.  Implemented a simple Stateful EJB3 so install is fine.

Started using JSTL in a JSP file and couldn't get <c:if> to work.  So I wrote the following index2.jsp simple test:

  | <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
  |   <head>
  |     <title>Test page</title>
  |   </head>
  |     <c:set var="hello" value="Hello World!"/>
  |     "<c:out value="${hello}"/>"</p>

It generates the following output:

  | The variable hello was set to "${hello}"

I was expecting:

  | The variable hello was set to "Hello World!"

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107214#4107214