[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Getting JBPM to use the seam managed persistence context

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 24 16:52:46 EST 2007

"jcruise" wrote : Note that the current managed JbpmContext has a hard dependency on the default jbpm implementation because of code like this:

  |   | jbpmContext = Jbpm.instance().getJbpmConfiguration().createJbpmContext();
  |   |

I don't understand this statement - yes, it requires that Jbpm.instance().getJbpmConfiguration() returns an instance of org.jbpm.JbpmConfiguration - but that is the public API of the jbpm component (and I don't see a way around that), but there is no hard dependency to Jbpm there at all.

anonymous wrote : You can't just set the session context manually after getting the ManagedJbpmContext, nor can you replace the default implementation of ManagedJbpmContext without patching Seam because of code like this:

  |   | ProcessInstance process = ManagedJbpmContext.instance().newProcessInstanceForUpdate(processDefinitionName);
  |   |

Again, why not?

(I think you haven't fully understand the precedence and component overriding rules of Seam).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107535#4107535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107535