[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Dependencies between MBeans and datasources

talyac do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 25 09:24:27 EST 2007

I use multiple datasources defined in a *-ds.xml file.
I have quite a few mbeans that depend on these datasources.
Instead of writing a depends-list for each mbean, I would like the dependency to be written once. For this reason, I created an mbean (I call it DataSourceInitializer) that using depends-list, depends on all the datasources.
Any mbean that requires all the datasources depends on the DataSourceInitializer. (This way if I change the list of datasources, I change it in only one place)
A) Is there a better way to do this?
B) Is there a way to define the mbean in the configuration file, but not actually create an mbean class, i.e a way to define an empty mbean configuration with no class, just for creating the dependencies?

thanks,
Tal

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107588#4107588

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107588