[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Accessing entities outside of injection

utiba_davidr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 25 18:52:41 EST 2007

Hey,

   I have a web application that does not use persistence (hibernate) as we have a non-database data source and a custom mediation layer between that and Seam. I have a need to get a new (or existing) instance of a named entity (or what ever: action/controller as well) by code. The reason I am posting a request to the mailing list is because we are using the @Install annotation and as such I cannot instantiate the class directly because I of course want the "installed" version.

Something like the following would be great..

package test.product;

  | @Name("person")
  | @Install(1)
  | public class Person {
  |
  | }

package test.site;

  | @Name("person")
  | @Install(2)
  | public class Person extends test.product.Person {
  |
  | }

And then in code somewhere use "person" to obtain a new or existing instance of "test.site.Person" (being the installed version). Perhaps some sort of EL resolving code?

Any ideas?

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107622#4107622

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107622