[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - migrating from ServiceMBeanSupport

jhalliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 08:54:51 EST 2007

I'm migrating some existing code that used to use JBossAS ServiceMBeanSupport to the microcontainer. I'd appreciate any information on the best approach to the following two issues:

The software is used standalone as well as in JBossAS. Internally we will continue to use MBeans as that's easiest for the standalone version. The JBossAS integration previously called  ServiceMBeanSupport.getServer() to get an MBeanServer for use internally. What is the equivalent call in MC (or AS5.0)?

We previously used NotificationListener to register such that a method on our bean is invoked when some other bean (jboss.system:type=Server) entered a specified state (running).  Is there a way to wire such a thing in MC? It's not quite the same as requiring the other bean to be started before our bean. Indeed, such a solution is not viable as we must start earlier.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107726#4107726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107726