[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Error Compiling generated entities from Postgre

vcordaro12 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 11:51:24 EST 2007

I have followed the instructions to setup seam by using ./seam setup, inputing all the proper values to connect to my local postgres database.  Then I run ./seam create-project and then ./seam generate-entities.  All these seem to go through fine.

My entities get created and it seems to introspect the database with ease, however when I go to run ./seam restart it fails when it tries to compile the generated entities.  I get messages about isEmpty in about 5 of my classes.

All seem to refer to the fact that you cannot have a isEmptry on something that is not a string.

If I remove these if statements all together then it complains about my database connection.  Not sure what is going on here since it connected to the database fine when it generated my entities.

Do I need to setup a connection pool in JBoss or is that automatically done?

Thanks in advance..

Vince

restart:
     [echo] Restarting project 'adlib_persistence_serivce_generator'

init:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/exploded-archives/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator.jar
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/exploded-archives/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator.ear
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/exploded-archives/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator.war
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/dist

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 108 source files to /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/exploded-archives/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator.jar
    [javac] /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/src/action/com/echostorm/adlib/advis/persistence/beans/crud/AnnotationVwHome.java:26: isEmpty(java.lang.String) in org.jboss.seam.util.Strings cannot be applied to (java.lang.Integer)
    [javac]             if (Strings.isEmpty(getAnnotationVwId().getAnnotationId()))
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/src/action/com/echostorm/adlib/advis/persistence/beans/crud/AnnotationVwHome.java:28: isEmpty(java.lang.String) in org.jboss.seam.util.Strings cannot be applied to (java.lang.Integer)
    [javac]             if (Strings.isEmpty(getAnnotationVwId().getCaptureId()))
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] /Users/vctemp/Development/EchoStorm/workspace/adlib_persistence_serivce_generator/src/action/com/echostorm/adlib/advis/persistence/beans/crud/AnnotationVwHome.java:34: isEmpty(java.lang.String) in org.jboss.seam.util.Strings cannot be applied to (java.io.Serializable)
    [javac]             if (Strings.isEmpty(getAnnotationVwId().getAnnotationTextIndex()))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107794#4107794

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107794