[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Connect with jconsole and where find simple jmx mbean exampl

abdujaparov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 12:10:43 EST 2007

Hi, I'm trying to connect to jmx of jboss through the jconsole. I've inserte in run.conf the following line:

  | #
  | # Specify options to pass to the Java VM.
  | #
  | if [ "x$JAVA_OPTS" = "x" ]; then
  |    JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms128m -Xmx128m"
  | fi
  |
  | # Enable the jconsole agent locally
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote"
  |
  | #
  | # Specify options to pass to the Java VM.
  | #
  | if [ "x$JAVA_OPTS" = "x" ]; then
  |    JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms128m -Xmx128m"
  | fi
  |

  | # Enable the jconsole agent remotely on port 12345
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=12345"
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"

When I launch jconsole in the tab local I cannot view anything and when I go to the tab remote and use like host localhost( or 127.0.0.1) and port 12345 and the I press connect jconsole tell me connection failed, why?
How can I resolve?

Another question I want to write a jmx mbean to calculate the response time of a web service. I've read something about jmx but I don't understand anything, where can I find a simple example of jmx mbean for jboss and how can I deploy it?
Thanks, bye bye.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107808#4107808

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107808