[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Error Compiling generated entities from Postgre

vcordaro12 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 13:04:04 EST 2007

I seemed to have resolved the database connection problem by fixing my jdbc url in seam-gen/build.properties   it seems that somehow I got extra backslashes in it.

However my new error has to do with the definition of a column type.

12:47:44,370 INFO  [SchemaValidator] Running schema validator
12:47:44,370 INFO  [SchemaValidator] fetching database metadata
12:47:44,410 INFO  [TableMetadata] table found: adlib.annotation
12:47:44,411 INFO  [TableMetadata] columns: [capture_id, end_time, at_name, description, content, updated_on, updated_by, start_time, name, a_id]
12:47:44,424 INFO  [TableMetadata] table found: adlib.annotation_tsearch
12:47:44,424 INFO  [TableMetadata] columns: [full_text_index, a_id]
12:47:44,426 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service persistence.units:ear=adlib_persistence_serivce_generator.ear,unitName=adlib_persistence_serivce_generator
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Wrong column type: full_text_index, expected: bytea
        at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:720)
        at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:127)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.PersistenceUnitDeployment.start(PersistenceUnitDeployment.java:246)

Here is the AnnotationTSearch Entity:

import java.io.Serializable;
import javax.persistence.Column;
import javax.persistence.Entity;
import javax.persistence.FetchType;
import javax.persistence.Id;
import javax.persistence.JoinColumn;
import javax.persistence.ManyToOne;
import javax.persistence.Table;
import org.hibernate.validator.NotNull;

/**
 * AnnotationTsearch generated by hbm2java
 */
@Entity
@Table(name = "annotation_tsearch")
public class AnnotationTsearch implements java.io.Serializable {

	private int AId;
	private Annotation annotation;
	private Serializable fullTextIndex;

	public AnnotationTsearch() {
	}

	public AnnotationTsearch(int AId, Annotation annotation) {
		this.AId = AId;
		this.annotation = annotation;
	}
	public AnnotationTsearch(int AId, Annotation annotation,
			Serializable fullTextIndex) {
		this.AId = AId;
		this.annotation = annotation;
		this.fullTextIndex = fullTextIndex;
	}

	@Id
	@Column(name = "a_id", unique = true, nullable = false)
	@NotNull
	public int getAId() {
		return this.AId;
	}

	public void setAId(int AId) {
		this.AId = AId;
	}
	@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
	@JoinColumn(name = "a_id", unique = true, nullable = false, insertable = false, updatable = false)
	@NotNull
	public Annotation getAnnotation() {
		return this.annotation;
	}

	public void setAnnotation(Annotation annotation) {
		this.annotation = annotation;
	}

	@Column(name = "full_text_index")
	public Serializable getFullTextIndex() {
		return this.fullTextIndex;
	}

	public void setFullTextIndex(Serializable fullTextIndex) {

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107841#4107841

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107841