[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - returning array undefined in web service

mckeno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 23:37:24 EST 2007

Hi all I am having this problem, not sure whether it is related to jboss web service or the client site application:

I am writing a web service inside EJB container:

@Stateless
@WebService(name = "Mojo", targetNamespace = "http://myservice.com/services", serviceName = "CoolService")
@SOAPBinding(parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.WRAPPED)
public class MyWebService {

	@WebMethod
	@WebResult
	public int[] getNumber(@WebParam(name = "userName") String sth) {
		int[] number = new int[3];
		number[0] = 7;
		number[1] = 2;
		number[2] = 3;

		log.info("ARRAY METHOD CALLED " + number.length);
		return number;
	}

        @WebMethod
	@WebResult
	public int getNum(int param) {
		int result = param + 2;
		return result ;
	}

}

The getNum() method works fine, but the getNumber() always return undefined result(I am calling the web service using Web Sevice Connector in Flash application).  So I am wondering whether I need any specific annotation for the array returning methods?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107928#4107928

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107928