[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: connection factory to remote queue

mikaeljl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 08:38:01 EST 2007

Hi!

I've also been trying to send messages to a remote queue. Also got stuck on the "how do I lookup the remote queue" part...
Have seen
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=HowDoIConfigureTheJMSResourceAdapterToUseARemoteConnectionFactory
but that does not explain how to get to the remote queue (at least not in a way so that I understand it...).

I've read the suggested solution with " bind a jndi name to a remote connection factory" by updating jms-ds.xml.

My question is:
With this configuration (updating jms-ds.xml) will the application server handle the connection supervision and do the necessary reconnect stuff if needed. I.e. do I have to implement a JMSConnectionExceptionListener. See also: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IGetIOExceptionPingTimeoutHowDoIFixIt
I would really like to avoid that (and digrasse too I guess).

Another question:
Is the suggested solution the same as:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1450?page=all
with the difference that this allows you to directly map the remote queue name in the jmx-ds.xml file?

/Mikael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108063#4108063

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108063