[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Data access / persistence - could you help?

JohnnyTheHun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 14:10:49 EST 2007

Thank you for answering.

I put

            <trans-attribute>Required</trans-attribute>

tags into jboss-portlet.xml and into portlet.xml also
(jboss-portlet.xml is a copy of portlet.xml)

didn't help unfortunatly.

I searched hibernate forums and docs for my PropertyAccessException, but didn't find anything other then people pointing to bugs in hibernate or to things I have done.

The end of my stacktrace is:
The end of the above mentioned stacktrace is:

  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
  |    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  |    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  |    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  |    at org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor$BasicGetter.get(BasicPropertyAccessor.java:145)
  |    ... 213 more

And line 145 of the BasicPropertyAccessor.java is:
return method.invoke(target, null);

it seems that BasicPropertyAccessor is invoking a method of a different class then the object in the first argument?

I don't know if the source of my problem is:

- in my code

- in my config (xml) files

- in the hibernate config files

- in the hibernate implementation

- in the Jboss config files

- In the Jboss portal config files

Or just some random bug created by for exampla a corrupted file somewhere.

Naturally I'd think the problem is in my code, but I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, which would in case of a newbie code.

Anyone see anything relevant I can clutch onto?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108211#4108211

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108211