[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - How to setup Liferays PortalLoginModule

antoni.alatalo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 02:27:10 EST 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to setup Liferys REALM.

There is as default <realm-name>PortalRealm</realm-name> definition in the web.xml and also <security-domain>java:/jaas/PortalRealm</security-domain> in the jboss-web.xml files in the tunnel-web and ROOT (liferay) applications.

Because I use CAS for authentication and LDAP behind there was no problems with JBoss and Liferay.
But tunnel-web is not configured to use CAS and there is no need to do this, then problems starts there.

So, i need to use something like com.liferay.portal.security.jaas.ext.jboss.PortalLoginModule to configure login-config.xml  application-policy. Without portal-impl.jar in the classpath module does not workIt gets an error "unable to find LoginModule class". If I put portal-impl.jar under default/lib, then Liferay hangs up : [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: 06:52:49,875 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionServlet

So what i did is very dirty solution:
I made new application-policy named MyRealm based on the JBOss DatabaseServerLoginModule (this because of userid that should be an long not String as in JBOss module). I did configure to the web.xml and jboss-web.xml to use MyRealm. And all my solutions did start working.

I found that i'm not along with the same problem. Is there some good solution to resolve this issue?

Thank you
Antoni

P.S original post is http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/message_boards/message/300202

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108316#4108316