[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Can we save custom variables in a ProcessDefinition

Michele Mauro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 04:27:20 EST 2007

A formal <process-properties> tag would certantly be nice. Our use case is similar (but not the same) as http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPM-679. Maybe we could open a jira and link there... it's scheduled for jBPM 3.3.

As for now, I think the value bearer action has to do the hard work. I think you should use them quite near the start node for them to be any useful.

I think a pattern emerges here: just like I'm already researching and implementing for dynamic UI (that is, creating the UI from the Variable configuration of a standard task), an external registry (for example, of parameter and variable types and sources, or of process definition properties) can hold in the execution db all the properties that are needed to augment the standard configuration and support the process execution. The value-holder action can populate those data upon first execution (if you won't need it before that), or your admin interface can query the processdefinition and use it to correctly configure new process requests...

I have to work a little bit more on these issues. I'm afraid however that we can share ideas, not implementations since my project is not (at the moment) Open Source.

And I've yet to mention the Drools integration part...

Michele Mauro

P.S. My first name is Michele. Mauro is my family name. And I'm male: Michele is a male name here in Italy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108338#4108338

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108338