[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss Seam JTA transactions

breako do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 07:00:24 EST 2007

"breako" wrote : Hi,
  | Seam can be used without EJB.
  | I was just looking through the examples that come with Seam and in the jpa example I saw that the persistence unit transaction type was set to  "RESOURCE_LOCAL". My question is it possible to configure a Seam managed entity manager to use JTA?
  | I assume it is just a matter of changing the transaction type to JTA?
  | Thanks

an update on this.
I try to update the JPA example as described to use JTA.

I get

  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not start transaction
  |         at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener.begin(SeamPhaseListener.java:571)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener.handleTransactionsBeforePhase(SeamPhaseListener.java:307)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener.beforeServletPhase(SeamPhaseListener.java:142)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener.beforePhase(SeamPhaseListener.java:116)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:222)
  |         at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:144)

I think this may be the bug described at

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2053

But, I checked my richfaces jars and they are 3.1.2 GA so they should have that fix?

any ideas why I am getting this?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108407#4108407

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108407