[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - question on passing org.jboss.seam.jsf.ListDataModel

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 14:52:43 EST 2007

I need to check values of the @DataModel annotated List after values have been set by the user via the UI/browser for radio buttons.  When I call the submit method passing the ListDataModel as an argument, the debugger shows that the values for the newly entered radio buttons are null.

How can I access these newly entered values in my SFSB when user submits the form?  Do I have to pass them as 3 separate params to the method?  If so, how shall I do this?  thx.

passing ListDataModel:
<a4j:commandButton value="submit" action="#{noteAction.submit(myAuditList)}" oncomplete="clickDataTableSubmit();Richfaces.hideModalPanel('mpEmployeeSubmit')"/>

new attempt (messy, mix of EL and javascript/DOM referring to the radiobutton id):
<a4j:commandButton value="submit" action="#{noteAction.submit(}mainform:dataTable1:#{myAuditList.getRowIndex()}:securityLevelApprovedRB)}" onclick="Richfaces.hideModalPanel('mpNote')"/>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108665#4108665

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108665