[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Roles using LDAPLoginModule

dennisrjohn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 17:59:32 EST 2007

I have a jaas domain configured using the LDAPLoginModule for my seam app. I need to use the roles in LDAP for authorization in my seam app. The seam app uses the LDAP to log in, and in the trace log I can see the following:

2007-11-28 15:50:03,654 TRACE [org.jboss.security.auth.spi.LdapLoginModule] Assign user to role Development

However, if I use identity.hasRole("Development") in my seam app, it never evaluates to true. Are the roles not passed from the LDAPLoginModule to the seam identity component? If not, can I extend the LDAPLoginModule and somehow access the seam Identity component? I tried subclassing it and using Identity.instance() but that blew up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dennis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108710#4108710

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108710