[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - MDB, SLSB, and Pooling

dfisher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 22:22:44 EST 2007

I have a MDB that calls a SLSB in onMessage() and I noticed that a lot of instances of the SLSB were being created.
I wrote a quick test  with the simplest case of 1 producer, 1 consumer, and 1 SLSB and threw a bunch of messages at it.

A MDB will cause 100 instances of the SLSB to be pooled when using the default pool implementation. (ThreadLocalPool?)
If the SLSB in configured to use StrictMaxPool, then only 1 instance of the SLSB is created.

Are these results expected or have I broken my jboss configuration?

Using version 4.2.2GA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108755#4108755

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108755