[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: migrating from ServiceMBeanSupport

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 07:05:02 EST 2007

"jhalliday" wrote : Fair enough. So I can't do much of my setup in the service constructor, as I don't have the information yet at that time. I need to do the work in the start method instead. That's actually less effort for me, as it's how things currently work.

btw: what's stopping you from using MC beans instead of mbeans, if you're already migrating

"jhalliday" wrote :
  | The problem with that is: many other services depend on the transaction manager. As far as I can tell, under the old pre-MC semantics, depends meant 'ensure the other service has started'. As a result, work the transaction manager does in the start method would be finished before anything that depends on it was executed. Under MC, depends seems to mean 'ensure the service I depend on has reached at least the same point in the lifecycle as the one I'm transitioning to' by default.

Previous depend was/is like this:
A depends on B --> B created, then A could be created, B started, A could start
And this is still the same:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108852#4108852

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108852