[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: [3.2.3] [NoClassDefFoundError] Weird exception although

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 07:50:12 EST 2007

"nicdo77" wrote : Well, this leads me to another question.
  | I already had hibernate2.jar packaged in my ear. BUT, at deployment time, i used to have a deployment failure cause JBoss couldn't find one of the Hibernate class.

Where in the ear did you place the hibernate jar file?

"nicdo77" wrote :

  | Does it seem normal to you to have twice hibernate2.jar?
  | Nico.

Each application is allowed to have its own version of libraries. This means that there might be more than one version of the same jar file in a JBoss system. But you have to be careful about how you setup the classloading configurations. Read through the following links which might give you some idea on classloading in JBoss:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109278#4109278

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109278