[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Load Balancing Policy

ejb3workshop do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 09:11:00 EST 2007

I am trying to get an application deployed on a cluster of 3 machines of different configuration. Once of the machines is a QuadCore and the others a P4's. When I submit a large number of messages to the cluster both P4 are running at 100% CPU utilisation which the QuadCode is merely sitting at 25% utilisation. It seems that every node in the cluster is allocated the same number of messages on a Round Robin basis.

In Chapter 8 on the 1.3 documentation there are several configuration options  available.
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.3.0.GA/html/c_configuration.html

However in 1.4 none of these options are included in the documentation.
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/userguide-1.4.0.SP1/html/configuration.html#conf.connectionfactory.attributes.loadbalancingfactory

What is the best method to configure a load balanceing policy for clusters like the one I am working on.

thanks in advance
Alex

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109332#4109332

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109332