[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Problems

simonbaker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 14:43:56 EST 2007

I've seen reference to a book: Business Process Management with JBoss jBPM book by Matt Cumberlidge which you may want to check, but I have doubts on whether it can be up-to-date, unless there is an online version that he constantly updates.

I too wish jBPM was better documented, that is it's main weakness as a "product" for developers such as myself who need to integrate workflow into their system in a timely manner.  My opinion is that right now, jBPM is not so much a product that is ready to be easily used by developers, but more of a toolkit for consultants who want to provide workflow solutions for their customers.  Such consultants are prepared to thoroughly read all the code and reverse-engineer how it all works and somewhat specialize in workflow solutions.  jBPM seems to be beautifully written code but not much guidance for best practice usage or thorough explanation of the concepts and features.  As time goes on hopefully better documentation will arise.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109441#4109441

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109441